Monday, December 17, 2007

An Interrupting Qualifyer

Hi all;

A lot of what's below so far is simply cut and pasted from various corners of the web.  On the first few articles, I've had a chance to adapt them for personal needs, however am still working through the pile of information.

Just to be clear on something ... I want everyone to know that INFP is not a "disorder" or a diagnosed illness of any form, but rather a rare personality/behavioural type.  (1 of 16 "archetypes")  I'm quite sane thank you very much.  ;p   

With this type, comes a sense that isn't well understood.  Everyone has it, we're (INFP/INFJ) just attuned to it.  I see no mysticism, no conflict with science, and no conflict with religion.  In fact, I know moreso the nature and essence of all of these things.  The difficulty is in having it understood, and the frustration of dealing with a world who doesn't understand the "underlying reality" in the way that I understand it.

To be quite honest, this is the first time that I've even considered that I'm "special" or "unique" in a concrete and substantial way.  I went through a little turmoil after finding this all out, as I wasn't sure that maybe I was crazy and the rest of the world was sane.  In fact, it is merely that I have a "sense" which is as normal to me as smell or eyesight, which is not developed as well in others.  The surprising thing to me was that not everyone can do whatever it is that I can do.   

The movie "A Beautiful Mind" is very good analogy to what it's like.  When I become overly absorbed in that direction, there can be negative consequences.  Seems like balance is the key.  

Essentially I am just tuned in to the unseen.  I don't know everything, but I do get extra insight. (Relatively.)   Conversely ... the cost of this sense is a lesser ability in other areas, which I'm now about to embark on improving.  As I do so, my ability to explain myself will improve, and likely my ability to cultivate this "sense" in others will improve as well.

Looking freaking forward to it.  
Love
Shane

No comments: